DPT scientists combine decades of drug pre-formulation development expertise with an extensive understanding of commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing processes to help our customers develop and commercialize pharmaceutical products in non-sterile and sterile semi-solid and liquid dosage forms.
- Raw material sourcing
- Solubility profile (in buffers and non-aqueous solvents) and partition coefficient of API
- API compatibility with excipients
- Stability of API and factors affecting stability (including heat, light and pH)
- Method development and method transfer for particle size of wet and dry particles by laser diffraction (for both API and the formulation)
- API characterization by DSC, powder X-ray diffraction, FTIR and particle morphology by optical microscopy
- Formulation and packaging compatibility
- Surface tension of aqueous and non-aqueous liquids
Partnering with DPT for pre-formulation services guarantees you have a solid understanding of a compound’s characteristics from early in the development process. Our pre-formulation team has the experience and resources on-hand to ensure the success of your project.
Our scientists work in integrated teams so knowledge gained transitions seamlessly from one group to the next. You can count on us to efficiently move your project through the development process.