Discover the Difference 75+ Years in the Making
As a leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), DPT is recognized for its excellence in semi-solid and liquid dosage forms. Founded in 1938, DPT helps you investigate and identify the best development and manufacturing solutions for your products. In 2013, DPT aligned with Confab to enhance and expand service offerings. Backed by a team of more than 1,200 employees working at advanced, purpose-built Centers of Excellence in San Antonio, DPT has the resources and capacity to efficiently serve your pharmaceutical development and manufacturing needs no matter the scope. From virtual to large pharma, and concept to commercialization, DPT remains committed to exceeding your expectations for quality and service.
No other company offers a 75+ year history of financial strength, stability, technical expertise and regulatory merit in semi-solids and liquids.
We improve health and quality of life by providing our health care partners the best solutions for their development and manufacturing needs.
History and Milestones
- 1938: Established as Texas Pharmacal Company, which is widely recognized as the first dermatology company in the United States.
- 1980: Acquired and renamed Dermatological Products of Texas.
- 1990: Acquired by DFB Pharmaceuticals and renamed DPT Laboratories, Ltd. This marked the beginning of a new era as we began to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical development and manufacturing services for highly regulated products.
- 2011: DPT acquired by Renaissance Acquisition Holdings.
- 2013: Confab aligns with DPT to offer a broader range of solutions.
With unmatched technical expertise and fully integrated contract pharmaceutical development and manufacturing services, we’ll help you successfully develop and commercialize your next product.